Certified DESTY Mentor Training Course
About this product
Your Package: Refresher Certified DESTY Mentor Training Course (Level 1 & Level 2)
LEVEL 1 COURSE – Developing Children’s Emotional Resilience
LEVEL 2 COURSE – Certified DESTY Mentor Training
Course Time Commitment: 10 hours Course Certificate: Certified DESTY Mentor
DESTY Toolkit: Includes 1x DESTY Island Pass. A DESTY Teddy, My DESTY Island Adventure Workbook and set of DESTY Feeling Cards will also be posted to each participants.
Course Resources: Range of Worksheets & Media Downloads
The DESTY Island Social and Emotional Wellbeing programme is based on research which highlights the importance for a child to develop a number of supportive, stable and committed relationships in his or her life.
On completion of this training course you will understand how to develop a secure, stable and committed relationship with a child while using the online DESTY Island Social and Emotional Wellbeing Programme as a tool to use at home or at school to help that to happen. As part of your training you will learn how to listen and communicate more effectively with children and how to guide them through the DESTY Island programme where they will learn about themselves, their feelings and how to harness their feelings especially when dealing with difficult life events.
The practical and easy-to-follow lessons include how to:
- Overview and aims of the online DESTY Island Social and Emotional Wellbeing Programme
- Understanding your role as a DESTY Mentor
- Development of key listening skills to support children to open up and engage more fully
- Development of critical thinking and problem solving skills with children to support them to build resilience and to have the skills through the challenges that life will present
- Step-by-step guide to implementing each module of the online DESTY Island programme
This course also supports you to access and work through the Online DESTY Island programme for yourself so you feel confident and competent to use the programme once you have gained your Mentor Certification. The completion of this course gives you access to DESTY Island to use with one or more children (depending on the number of Child DESTY Island Passes you buy). Each child pass includes a DESTY Teddy and My DESTY Island Adventure Workbook for each child.
£235.00 now,then £60.00 / year