EducationDesty.com is committed at every level and in all aspects of the service it offers to providing a confidential service to all those who are seeking support. Confidentiality is between the individual and the organisation and between the individual and the professional involved. This means that:
- Information will be treated in the utmost confidence and will not be divulged to anyone outside the organisation except where extenuating circumstances exist (see below). However, in order that we can provide the best possible help to our clients it may be necessary to share information with a supervisor or manager linked to EducationDesty.com.
- No conversation about a client will take place with anyone who does not work for the service either as a volunteer or as a paid employee.
- No personal information about a client will be given to any third party even if the person is a member of their family except in the limited circumstances described below.
- Information will only be passed to another company or organisation with the consent of the client. If an advisor intends to get information from another company or organisation to help the client or to refer them to a local centre and this must be explained to you the client, and your permission given in advance in respect of same.
In certain circumstances EducationDesty.com reserves the right to break confidentiality should this be deemed necessary. These circumstances include:
- If you the client discloses information that may indicate risk to children or yourself.
- If the professional involved believes that you could cause danger to yourself or to others.
- If you give information which indicates that a crime has been committed.
- If you give information which indicates a possible terrorist threat.
- In circumstances where EducationDesty.com is requested to provide information about you by the gardai or any other government or judicial body pursuant to a lawful order of a court or under such other legislative or statutory powers as may be applicable to the body.
Record keeping, statistics, evaluation and monitoring
1. Client Records
- Any written client records will be kept securely.
- Any names, addresses and phone numbers will be kept securely.
- Any record sheets will be destroyed after 5 years.
- You, as a client, or previous client of EducationDesty.com, may ask to see any written records about yourself that we hold.
2. Letters or online messages
- Any letters or printed online messages will be kept securely.
- Any correspondence will be destroyed after 5 years.
- However, if a letter or online message is received which gives thanks or encouragement then it may be kept provided that permission is sought from the writer. (See below)
- If a letter or online message is received which we would like to use in publicity, we will seek the permission of the writer to ensure that they are happy for us to do this.
- Information about a client will never be used for publicity purposes unless consent has been obtained (see above).
3. Data Analysis
- Data will be collected to assist in planning statistical analysis, marketing and/or supervision.
- Data collected will have the sole purpose of enabling us to evaluate and monitor the service we are offering and will not, under any circumstances contain personal information except in some cases for supervision as described above.
- In some instances, EducationDesty.com may wish to make information available to public bodies and the media about the kind of enquiries we are taking and the situations they deal with. In these cases composite or fabricated case histories will be used and will be identified as such.